Congratulations!

Pengertian Congratulations



     Congratulations atau ucapan selamat adalah ucapan atau ungkapan yang diberikan kepada orang yang sedang mendapatkan kesuksesan atau pencapaian.

Contoh :

-> Congratulations Riska being the winner in drawing competition
-> I’d be the first to congratulate you on.
-> I’d like to congratulate you on …

Respon of Congratulations:

-> Thank You
-> Thank you for saying so
-> It's very nice of you to say so

Wish and Hope

   Adalah ungkapan atau ungkapakna yang digunakan seseorang untuk menyatakan suatu harapan.

>>Wish<<

 Merupakan kata benda (noun) sekaligus kata kerja (verb) yang berarti ingin mengharapkan.

=> Bentuk Wish + Noun

S+Wish+S+Noun

Contoh:
- I wish you all the best
- I wish you luck on your debate competition

=> Bentuk Wish + To infinitive

Contoh:
- I wish to you get the first rank on the next semester
- I wish to celebrate Merry Christmas with my family next year
- I wish to get the first rank of speech on the next month

>>Hope<<

   Digunakan sebagai kata benda atau kata kerja

=> Bentuk Hope + To infinitive

Contoh:
- I hope to see you agaiam one day
- She hopes to be a a sucessfull
- I hope you win in drawing competition

=> Bentuk Hope + That

Contoh: Rudi hopes that Mr. Eza would consider his idea for our school's farewell

Exercise!

1. Mika: Congratulations Siti for the          winner in drawing competition!
    Siti: .....

What it Siti say?

A. Thank You
B. You are welcome
C. I'am fine
D. I can't do it

The following text is for questions 2 and 3

Dear Esther

CONGRATULATIONS

Ever since I heard about your success as the first winner of singing contest of FLS2N. I know how long and how hard you practiced. We are all very proud of you. We wish you all the best in pursuing your dream to be a popular singer some day.

Rudy

Chair person of Class 9 A

2. The text above shows that . . .

A. the writer is one of the contestants
B. Esther is the best student
C. Esther is the best singer
D. Rudy is Esther's special friend

3.  The text is for . . . of FL2SN.

A. the best student
B. the best teacher
C. the best singer
D. the best graduate student

4.      Situation :
Ade has just finished drawing a picture of Tinta, his best friend.
He will present it to her on her birthday. Nida praises the picture and she’s
sure that Tinta will like it.
Nida    :  “Ade, that’s a beautiful picture. I’m sure Tinta will like it.”
Ade     :  “__________________________.”

A. Wish me luck
B.  Happy birthday
C.  Good luck
D. Thanks. I hope so too

5. Nisa: Congratulations of the winner in debate competition!
     Adi: Thank you. Tomorrow I will join in marathon.
     Nisa: I hope you are the winner in marathon.
     Adi: Thank you. (.....)

What it Nisa said?

A. I don't care
B. I giving you chocholate
C. I will join with you
D. Wish me luck!

The following text is for questions 6 - 10!

  Tomorrow is Riska's birthday. She will invite all school friends in birthday party. The birthday party location in her home at 7 pm. She is look very happy. She hopes tomorrow, all school friends come in her birtday party.

6. Who will Riska invinte on her birhday party?

7. When Riska's birthday?

8. Where located Riska's birtday?

9. Is she very sad for tomorrow?

10. What she hope tomorrow?

Answer:

1. A) Thank you
2. C) Esther is the best singer
3. C) the best singer
4. D) Thanks. I hope so too
5. D) Wish me luck!
6. All school friends
7. Tomorrow at 7 pm
8. In ber home
9. No, she is not
10. She hopes all friends come in her birthday party
                   
Source:

http://arblogzss.blogspot.com/2016/03/pengertian-congratulation-ucapan-selamat.html?m=1

https://www.ilmubahasainggris.com/pengertian-jenis-dan-contoh-dialog-percakapan-expression-of-congratulations-bahasa-inggris-artinya/

https://www.studybahasainggris.com/perbedaan-penggunaan-wish-dan-hope-dalam-bahasa-inggris/

http://www.kursusmudahbahasainggris.com/2015/09/contoh-soal-tentang-congratulations.html?m=1       

Thank you:) 


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Drug and Food Label

Comparative Degree

Procedure Text (Beverage Recipe)